• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Once again they do not make them like they used to... revisited for the 128 time

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
I just changed the battery out of my Cobra Dynamic. old style black brick. My favorite mic. I use it on the base. I have to buy batteries last week for some red dot sights. i was at the local Batteries Plus. I got there last 7.5 volt little can. The one in the Dynamic was till running, but I had never replaced it. No markings on the one I had been running and a light green tint. I think it may have been the original from Cobra. They do not make things like the used to.

Nope -- they sure don't. I have tried to find an original small 9 volt battery for my early model (smooth chrome case) D104m without any luck. Fortunately my mike jack has an unused pin, so I was able to run 9vdc to the mike from there. Still would rather have a battery.

- J.J. 399
Minuteman II mic? If so they take a TR175 7.5V battery, not a 9V.

1721686257045.png

Last edited:
Reactions: secret squirrel
I have a Minuteman I d104, It is my favorite hand mic I wish I could find one more for a spare. The switch in the current d104 is good for maybe a month before it is junk.

$4.21 each

You can also roll-your-own, literally.

Take 5 LR44 coin cells, stack them in series, use a piece of shrink tube that is larger than .460" Dia., shrink it down. LR44's have different chemistries - Lithium Ion, Silver Oxide, Alkaline, etc. Make what works best for you.

Good Luck
I have also used the sleeve from an original battery if it is made of plastic. I push the cells out of the end and stack LR44's inside. I have found that the new LR44's suck, like everything else these days and are prone to leakage. I have to check the cells often for this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m