• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Oscilloscope?

I didn't know where else to post this.

I got some new toys, and want to learn how to use them badly.

1. Velleman Handheld HPS 10 Personal Scope

2. BK Precision 1479A 30 Mhz Dual Trace Scope

I have found a few small tutorials on using these things, but I want to learn how to use them with my radio equipment.

Anyone got some cool experiments I can do with them? (I am such a dork...)

Or I have a Cobra 21 XLR radio that has no TX or RX and I would like to track the problem down. Do I need a flowchart and schematic to do this? Anyone got some pointers?

Can I hook the 30Mhz scope up to my radio to see the output waveform on the CRT? That would be awesome.

</p>

I didn't know where else to post this.

I got some new toys, and want to learn how to use them badly.

1. Velleman Handheld HPS 10 Personal Scope

2. BK Precision 1479A 30 Mhz Dual Trace Scope

I have found a few small tutorials on using these things, but I want to learn how to use them with my radio equipment.

Anyone got some cool experiments I can do with them? (I am such a dork...)

Or I have a Cobra 21 XLR radio that has no TX or RX and I would like to track the problem down. Do I need a flowchart and schematic to do this? Anyone got some pointers?

Can I hook the 30Mhz scope up to my radio to see the output waveform on the CRT? That would be awesome.

</p>

I have some ideas, PM me. Also DO NOT connect your radio right to the scope, you want to use a RF sampler.

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

lookearth452034.gif

A word to the wise is not necessary; it’s the stupid ones that need the advice. - Anonymous</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.