• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10k Info

BigMike357

Apr 2, 2020
I was curious if the Predator 10k is still being made? I notice some places have been
out for a long time. I would like to try the 27" out, but i do not want one that is not
being made anymore.
Thanks Big Mike

Last edited:

Last time I talked to Kale on the phone he was still building about a year ago.
He has a guy that comes in and helps him with machine work but he was still at it.
He used to ship direct, I can dig up his phone number when I get home if you need it.

Jeff

The K-1-27 seems to be on backorder everywhere. The K-1-22 "Competiton" seems to be available - $119 & free shipping @ Walcott.

Personally, I could never get the K-1-27 to tune well.

I have a 22" shaft and a 27" and never had an issue.
Both mounted on the right rear corner of the bed.j
There are some audio clips here on the forum between Robb and I doing some testing with both of them and a couple Francis whips on both 10 and 12 meters.
The results was surprising.
I have never used the " comp" models only the regular single coils and had good luck with them.

Jeff

There are some audio clips here on the forum between Robb and I doing some testing with both of them and a couple Francis whips on both 10 and 12 meters.
I have never used the " comp" models only the regular single coils and had good luck with them.

Jeff
You big tease... C'mon spill...

Jeff

Jeff
My ball mount is mounted on the rear passenger side and from the ball to top of roof is 26 inches and was wondering if the coil would be high enough above the roof ?

Try Clays CB shop, they usually have a good selection of Predator 10K's and parts on hand...Kales not doing allot of building now days, but I think it's his nephew or son-n-law is doing most of the work now days...The antennas are still being built, and in record numbers! Just allot of the bigger orders are getting first priority shipped, leaving the smaller shops waiting longer on orders.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Bandit1:
    Hey guys I been out a while
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?