• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Question about wiring the power on my CB.

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The Cig lighter should work fine for a regular CB or even an Export that does about 30 watts or so.

Moleculo

</p>

The Cig lighter should work fine for a regular CB or even an Export that does about 30 watts or so.

Moleculo

</p>

You can help prevent that last problem by putting the proper fuse inline. Also, you can put a capacitor inline to "buffer" the radio from spikes. About a 25 volt (double the used voltage), and maybe around 25,000 uF cap should work. The voltage is the important part, you can go bigger or smaller on the other value if you want.

Moleculo

</p>

You can help prevent that last problem by putting the proper fuse inline. Also, you can put a capacitor inline to "buffer" the radio from spikes. About a 25 volt (double the used voltage), and maybe around 25,000 uF cap should work. The voltage is the important part, you can go bigger or smaller on the other value if you want.

Moleculo

</p>

I would like to wire it to the fuse box in my truck. (I know It might have interferance, but I would like to at least try)

Anyways my question is: should I wire it to be hot all the time and shut off at the CB or should I wire it to shut off with the ignition. ie. turn on when the accesorys are on.

Thanks for the help,

Jayon

</p>

I would like to wire it to the fuse box in my truck. (I know It might have interferance, but I would like to at least try)

Anyways my question is: should I wire it to be hot all the time and shut off at the CB or should I wire it to shut off with the ignition. ie. turn on when the accesorys are on.

Thanks for the help,

Jayon

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.