• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

radio shack htx 10

It is famous for eating the legs off of crystals.
Not just crystals ! It is also famous for eating the legs off RF transformers, and various other components. Even if the legs haven't been eaten, the conductivity can cause problems including component failure.

If the radio is working as is, I wouldn't mess with it. If it isn't working, I'm not sure I would spend a lot of time on it....that Sony Bond is nasty stuff, and if one component is affected chances are there are many others as well......

HTX-10 was an OK radio back 25 years ago when they were new, but getting long in the tooth now.
It's essentially the same as a Magnum 257, but the Magnum was easily modified for extra frequencies, whereas the HTX-10 was a real pain to modify for 11 meters.
Any of the newer Anytone or Radioddity radios will massively outperform it, and they are not very expensive considering their capabilities........

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.