• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Radioddity QT 40 microphone issue

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I have a QT-40 and the microphone changes Chanel’s when I key up. I checked the mic wiring on both ends and even re soldered the 4 pin plug end. Still every third or fourth time it changes one up or one down. Any ideas on how to stop this. Anybody else have the problem. Thanks

I have a QT-40 and the microphone changes Chanel’s when I key up. I checked the mic wiring on both ends and even re soldered the 4 pin plug end. Still every third or fourth time it changes one up or one down. Any ideas on how to stop this. Anybody else have the problem. Thanks
If the radio is still in warranty, I would let Radioddity know. Perhaps you have a bad mic.

The QT40/ARES 2 does this when the resistance on the PTT line is higher than it should be. Try some contact cleaner on the PTT switch, and the UP/DN buttons.

If it still has the issue, it is likely that the wiring in the curly cord is adding to the issue.

A new MIC will almost always fix the problem, but hopefully you can fix the one you have by cleaning those switch contacts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.