• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RT series mosfets

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
So Ranger has been using these a few years and the cat was out of the bag on one of them so far. Can someone shed some light on what the others really are?

RT1- irfz-24N
RT5- ?
RT6- ?

Maybe together we can figure it out.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Makes me wish for spare time to do like Weasel-whatsit on YouTube was with comparing bipolar finals with his "test" radio. A socket for the final, and a plastic spring clamp to hold the transistor to the heat sink was my concept for this.

Just getting measurements on input capacitance could help shed light, comparing to published specs for catalog parts.

Tried that with the cap meter and just the MOSFET. Found that putting bias voltage on the gate would change the measurement. Got tired of playing Sherlock and went back to work.

I'll never forget the first boss I had repairing police radios. I would wonder out loud what caused a fault that I had cleared. "Playing Sherlock Holmes doesn't pay the bills" was his attitude. Button it up and move on the next radio.

Somebody with a clue really needs to work this out. Safe bet RCI won't spill the beans. l

So Ranger has been using these a few years and the cat was out of the bag on one of them so far. Can someone shed some light on what the others really are?

RT1- irfz-24N
RT5- ?
RT6- ?

Maybe together we can figure it out.
I think that the IRFZ44N is same with RT5.Not sure just supposed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)