• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

RCI 2970 Discontinued?

They quit making the regular 2950cd a while back. Guess they burned through what inventory they had left on the higher power (more $) rigs and decided to pull the plug. That's a shame but it has lived a long life. 30+ years. I guess with the influx of Chinese stuff and continued QC issues this was inevitable.

I will hold on to my 29xx collection.. I know not the greatest of rigs especially by today's standards but I like em.

Reactions: Smokinone
I have a 2970. Not sure what “series” it is. It has a green lcd display, bi-polar driver and final and a 2 x 2290 amplifier board. It was massively “truckerized” and worked when I got it in a trade for some other work I did. It now does not key up and the receive sucks bad (too much “white noise”)

I am thinking of taking the amp section off the bottom and adding it to the 148GTL I brought back from the dead (a.k.a the turd). The 148 is stock with the exception of the clarifier. No added channels, swing mods or noise toys. I would add an on/off switch for the amp. It just might make a nice “Ammo Box” set up.

David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.