• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

RCI-2995 DX HP Factory Error

Recon

NY 881
Jul 28, 2019
Up-State NY
Two new radios with Part # TDA 2003 were not installed correctly. I will post photos as soon as I find a way to do so. The TDA 2003 is not 100% attached to the mounting plate due to the drilled and tapped hole in the plate is not perpendicular. There is a significant gap and no compound between TDA 2003 and the mounting plate. I'm not taking credit for finding the problem. I sold one radio to a forum member, and he identified the defect and informed me. I removed the cover from my 2995 DX HP and found that my radio has the same defect. The first letter (M) and the following six numbers of the nine-digit serial numbers are the same. The last three numbers of one radio are 185 and 192 on the second radio. We can only assume that both radios were manufactured on the same day or week. I've forwarded the photos to RCI and have not received a reply.

Attachments

• TDA 2003-2.jpg
    TDA 2003-2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2
  • TDA 2003 -1.jpg
    TDA 2003 -1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.