• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Realistic Navaho TRC-432

ira parker

Apr 18, 2015
Can't find a service manual for this unit. Is there another radio that uses the same board p-200820 or KCMK-47X only numbers I could find on the board. Trouble shooting no receive audio!! What it has tx signal and audio (5kcs low) 3 watt swings to about 18 watt. Has receive signal on meter from monitor radio. Tx light and modulation lights both work. What it doesn't have no audio from pa, faint click in speaker when keying the mike internal and external speakers. No audio what so every on internal and external speaker. What I have tried checked 10.240 on pll ( NEC D2814C 22 pins). Test jumper between pin 1 and 5 on mic jack no difference. Cleaned cb/pa/monitor switch, volume ,squelch and rf pots (rf gain works). Schematic, alignment info and voltage charts would be nice any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ira

Yes that's the one I've been using there are some differences but close enough for troubleshooting, voltage chart and alignment info would help a lot. Different pll and some difference in tr numbering I can't believe that there's no info on this board is it a hens tooth they only used in one radio, looks like a Uniden board but I can't confirm that. Thanks Ira

Do you have a few pictures of the board? We may be able to match up a service manual that's close

Moseying around some of the old radio forums and rumor has it the President Old Hickory and the TRC-432 share the same board & 2814 PLL. The Old Hickory has a service manual via Sams CB-187. I take a look and see if I have a copy when i return home tonight.hickory 2.png

On most radios, there are contacts in the ext speaker jack, that if dirty, will have no sound or distorted. Just a guess.

Moseying around some of the old radio forums and rumor has it the President Old Hickory and the TRC-432 share the same board & 2814 PLL. The Old Hickory has a service manual via Sams CB-187. I take a look and see if I have a copy when i return home tonight.View attachment 69745
Just to keep everyone updated I've got the receive working it was both of the 4558 ic's (ic4 and ic301) they work in tandom for the receive, squelch and pa. I was having issues with the tx frequency the 8th 10.240 crystal got me to within 4kz's, ct1 has very limited adjustment and I don't see any other adjustment for tx. Without alignment info I've adjusted the obvious stuff power supply repaired and set to 13.8 volts, ran the receive chain by ear, tuned the output 3 watt dead key swings 12 watts. There are three cans (t10, t11 and t13) 10 and 11 are tied into the pll ic so I haven't touched them yet. T13 back right by antenna is not on the schematic so haven't touched that yet either. sure hope that old hickory alignment info is close. I'll go searching to see what I can find. As always really appreciate the help. Thanks Ira

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.