• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

RM Italy 203P Manually keying the amp. parts needed?

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Hello everyone,
I just have a picture which looks to be 2 parts needed in order to manually key the amp. A diode and a resistor inline, but hard to tell which ones they are in the picture I included. Found the facebook post doing a google search, but since I dont have a facebook (since 2022), then no real way for me to ask the person directly.

Maybe someone here would know the 2 parts needed. Thanks for all the help so far.
rm italy resistor thermal paste.jpg

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

From the post, it only mentioned that it was to take in a 4v-15v dc in from a radio to key it. I just needed it to be keyed so one can adjust the gate bias after putting in an adjustable 20k variable resistor in place.

Didn't have any luck, or the patience to snip the component layout diagram from this PDF file and insert it that way.

Find the relay RL1. The attached PDF has a layout diagram just below the schematic. RL1 is on the edge of the circuit board. At the end of RL1 nearest the midpoint of the board is a diode D5. If there is enough of the diode's lead exposed, lap-solder a wire to the NOT BANDED end of D5, the end pointing away from the edge of the circuit board. This wire will go to the center pin of a typical RCA plug matching the radio's linear-key jack. The other wire to the radio's keying jack or foot switch goes to ground.

Gotta be better than removing the pc board just to solder a wire to the solder side.

Attachments

• KL203-manual_rel_600.pdf
    79.3 KB · Views: 26

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.