• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Satellite Anolog / Digital Question

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
You might be able to reuse the "dish" part, but I'm sure QRN is right...the LNB won't be compatible. We used to do satellite wide area networking at work...the size of the dish wasn't really important for the type of signal, but did have a factor in reliability of signal (weather, etc).

</p>

You might be able to reuse the "dish" part, but I'm sure QRN is right...the LNB won't be compatible. We used to do satellite wide area networking at work...the size of the dish wasn't really important for the type of signal, but did have a factor in reliability of signal (weather, etc).

</p>

Hi, I need to speak with an electrical wizard!!! I have a Houston tracker 8 Satellite system with a 10ft Dish. Now i know it's anolog, an' all are going digital. I also know i can pick up a Sidecar for it. Or i can just buy a Digital receiver that will give me both, and still keep my big dish. This is my question, Can I hook a Hughes Network System model(HIRD-E1) Directv plus receiver to my HoustonTracker 8 and get the digital channels ? Cause' i can put my dish on any satellite out there. If i ran the digital receiver out of my Tracker 8 right to my TV, will it work or not ? If so in what way would i need to hook it up? Thanks and 73s right out to all of ya'

Bandit 169--CDX 169.

73s To all&Down an'out for now,still a MUDDUCK Quack,Quack. Bandit169

CDX169

mudduck.jpg
</p>

Hi, I need to speak with an electrical wizard!!! I have a Houston tracker 8 Satellite system with a 10ft Dish. Now i know it's anolog, an' all are going digital. I also know i can pick up a Sidecar for it. Or i can just buy a Digital receiver that will give me both, and still keep my big dish. This is my question, Can I hook a Hughes Network System model(HIRD-E1) Directv plus receiver to my HoustonTracker 8 and get the digital channels ? Cause' i can put my dish on any satellite out there. If i ran the digital receiver out of my Tracker 8 right to my TV, will it work or not ? If so in what way would i need to hook it up? Thanks and 73s right out to all of ya'

Bandit 169--CDX 169.

73s To all&Down an'out for now,still a MUDDUCK Quack,Quack. Bandit169

CDX169

mudduck.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.