• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Small station

Dusty1USA

Jul 15, 2024
Compared to most of you guys I'm just barely in the game.
In my defense I'm just coming back to the hobby after about a 40 yr. layoff doing other things.
Got too old to do the other things anymore so I've come back to a thing I've missed ever since I sold my trucks and went on to those 'other things'.
So I'm just getting started by about 2 weeks. I do have a new Anytone 6666Pro ordered. Amazon says it should be here by the end of August. Really looking forward to that.
Then I have to figure out how to mount that Bearcat 980 in our Jeep Liberty.
Mounted a Tram 1498 on top of the house about 38' in the air at the base.
At 80 and retired I'm starting to have a good time.
my cb rig.jpg
Tram 1498 01.jpg

Nice station and welcome to the club. You've got plenty to get you out there and as @Brother DXer said, you'll have piles of gear before you know it.

The moment you purchased that radio, you had no clue that it was the gateway to a whole new addition.

It'll be stuffed closets, storage rooms and garage but you'll be in denial. After Hanging out here with us for a while then you'll accept it and have a good o'l time making those qso's!

Not to worry, with the fine folks of wwdx, you're in good hands!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.