• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Static noise on moble.

K

kf6wtc

Recently I installed my station in my new van. I am receiving about 7 s units of qrm on the radio. This is with the car on or off. I thought I was just getting some interference from something by my house, but my wife and I went to one of our friends house tonight and im getting the interference there too. I have a match of less than 1.5 to 1 and I have the radio grounded with braided grounding cable to the van. Is there anything else I can do to clear up this static?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kf6wtc>kf6wtc</A> at: 3/20/05 1:16 am

Recently I installed my station in my new van. I am receiving about 7 s units of qrm on the radio. This is with the car on or off. I thought I was just getting some interference from something by my house, but my wife and I went to one of our friends house tonight and im getting the interference there too. I have a match of less than 1.5 to 1 and I have the radio grounded with braided grounding cable to the van. Is there anything else I can do to clear up this static?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kf6wtc>kf6wtc</A> at: 3/20/05 1:16 am

DXMAN...that tip is no lie. A few years ago I serviced my Jeep...replacing plugs, plug-wires, coil, and distributor cap. After it was done, the ignition noise was so loud the radios were unusable. I went and got all factory OEM parts and did it over again and the noise dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.

</p>

DXMAN...that tip is no lie. A few years ago I serviced my Jeep...replacing plugs, plug-wires, coil, and distributor cap. After it was done, the ignition noise was so loud the radios were unusable. I went and got all factory OEM parts and did it over again and the noise dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.