• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Stryker 955 transmitting on 37 and 40 LSB ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Was talking to a guy in DX land in his truck parked in Corpus Christie Texas today. (Rocky 388) Here's the thing , I heard him on both 37 and 40 lsb loud and proud on both frequencies ! He was on 40 lsb , I talked to him for a few minutes and told him I could hear him on both freqs , he said he was on the first version Stryker 955 and a 4 pill box and a Wilson 5K mag mount , he was very clean and sounded great and I never sensed bleed over or splatter from him what so ever ! I never heard anything like it in 40 years ! What could have caused that ? I told him that as far as I could tell on my end he wasn't bleeding that I could tell ? Is this just some kind of phenomenon that can happen ? Switch Kit

Reactions: Rwb

He was on 37 and 40, but not 38 or 39? That really is strange.
That's correct . Never head that before , he sounded great ! Just on two channels . A friend of mine said he heard his neighbor on his HF rig on two channels recently but also had no idea why , he said he could see this guy transmitting on two channels on the scope on his radio but only receiving on one.

I wonder if there is some higher order mixing product getting through the filter. Anyone know what the IF and oscillator frequencies are in that radio?

I was thinking some kind of PIM or strange thing happening locally until you said how far you two are apart. The extra signal must be pretty strong.

Reactions: Switch Kit
I wonder if there is some higher order mixing product getting through the filter. Anyone know what the IF and oscillator frequencies are in that radio?

I was thinking some kind of PIM or strange thing happening locally until you said how far you two are apart. The extra signal must be pretty strong.
His signals were both the same on 40 and 37 lower , When I was on 40 and we were talking I told him what was happening , he sounded great as I said before , and he was then worried that there was something wrong with his radio , I told him as far as what I could hear he was loud and proud and clean on both ! So far it doesn't seem like there is a definitive answer , maybe what your saying Brandon is in the ballpark of being right ? Mother nature seems like she can break us or make us when ever she feels like it ? Now I'm running a Anytone 5555N2 and wondered if it maybe was my radio ? but not after my neighbor 20 miles away said the same thing he has heard on his HF rig. I must admit over the years that I have heard some pretty weird shit out there ..........like what would sound like one operator riding somebody else's carrier ? Weird stuff , kind of like what they call solar farts , I'm sure you have heard those ? I know guys that swear even those are man made ?

I have not seen one with the TX so closely together.
I have experienced Galaxy radios with a spur that was up in ten meters were the radio produced almost as much power on the spur as the fundamental but this one is weird.

Jeff

Reactions: Switch Kit
The N2 has a "neat" feature with the channel frequency. If you are in channel mode and change to frequency, when you adjust by frequency and then change back to channel mode, it remembers the new frequency to your channel. Your two channels might be the same frequency. Check each channel frequency by switching to frequency in each channel.

The new version of this radio does not have this feature.

The N2 has a "neat" feature with the channel frequency. If you are in channel mode and change to frequency, when you adjust by frequency and then change back to channel mode, it remembers the new frequency to your channel. Your two channels might be the same frequency. Check each channel frequency by switching to frequency in each channel.

Ah, yes the overwrite issue with the radio.
Good catch ST , Switch go check the frequency for those two channels and see if it is off.

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb and Switch Kit

Oh no , I hear what your say'in Shade , I run mine on D mode with the freq read out all the time . I realize that if you switch to channels 1 thur 40 mode you need to align and make sure they are in sequence (and this is the newest version similar to the Stryker 955 V2 . ) I don't want to feel like a dog chasing his own tail here but I wanted to blame my radio as well because I couldn't come up with anything else to go on ? But when my friend told me he experienced the same thing with one of his locals and could see him transmitting on his band scope on his HF rig on both freqs I didn't feel the need to blame it on my radio . But I could certainly hear what you were saying Shadetree . Thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m