• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Ten Tec Triton One Question

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
I have a new development with my Ten-Tec situation .

I discovered today that the Ten-Tec 262M power supply that came with the Triton One when I bought it , does work . So now I'm trying to figure out how to safely pair the power supply and the Triton One together . The 262 power supplies jack is a 4 pin plug , and the Triton One has a 6 pin male Jones connector on it .

So I'm thinking I that I might have to make a cord that has the 4 pin jack on one side for the power supply , and a 6 pin female Jones connector for the radio. The 262 power supply already has a set of ( + and - ) power poles on it that the previous owner installed on it himself . But I'm not sure what direction he was planning on going with those . Maybe remove the male end of the cord with the 6 pin Jones connectors on it , and put another matching set of power poles there instead , and then pair them up with that cord ?

He sent 3 sets of cords with the set up :

The original Triton 6 pin Jones connector cord, with the right 6 pin Jones connectors at each end.

The original 4 pin jack cord for the 262 power supply.

Another 4 pin cord that he apparently made, which has a jumper for pins 2 & 3 at one end.

And he sent a set of jacks for making another set of power poles with it as well.

Like I said before, looking at what he had sent with it ... I'm not 100% sure what direction he was planning on going with with any of this . What he was actually meaning to use for connecting the radio and power supply together for powering the Triton up.

I have a couple of ideas myself, but if any of you know which direction to go would be the best , and the safest ... I'd love to hear it .

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m