• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tetrode breakthrough, PO on 10M!!

Naysayer

Said Nay
Mar 6, 2020
New York
Just a test setup (1 plate xfrmr, limited AC from socket, Load cap disconnected, etc). Two main revisions but somewhere north of 300w from 5w in (cw). Need to button up before going at it again. Previous 10M max was 60-80 so this is a big improvement. I was using a single shared 150R parasitic on the control grids. Changed to separate suppressors for each tube plus an ATU on the input. I suspect the ATU (small MFJ unit) is responsible for most of it. I had no sense of whether the lack of PO above 40 was from the grid or anode side of things. Now, at least I know where the problem lies.

Tempted to get a cheap auto atu for input. While adjusting the MFJ really sharp/sudden changes in PO. Input SWR on radio a big help. I was about to give up. More to come.

External T-match measurements that permit 10m operation:
Xmit V Cap: 84 pF
Inductor : 2.5uH
Ant V Cap: 70 pF
I have room to add a small T-match w/ these values behind input so-239 but there should be a more efficient way to do it by adapting the Pride input circuit already in place.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • dxBot:
    deathstalker has left the room.