• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Tram D-300

J

jbno7

This radios transmits just fine. I have a problem with the receive. Most of the time the receive is ok. There are a couple of locals that seem like they are off frequency, and I have to slide down a little to get them in clear. Mind you it is only a couple of stations that give me this problem, everybody else is fine, and no one else has a problem with those other locals.

I checked using my 2950 and with my Magnum Alpha Force and the stations that are giving me problems with on the Tram are just fine on the other two radios.

Untitled01.jpg

"the only scope in that dc communications trailer is to cover up the crack breath.."

</p>

This radios transmits just fine. I have a problem with the receive. Most of the time the receive is ok. There are a couple of locals that seem like they are off frequency, and I have to slide down a little to get them in clear. Mind you it is only a couple of stations that give me this problem, everybody else is fine, and no one else has a problem with those other locals.

I checked using my 2950 and with my Magnum Alpha Force and the stations that are giving me problems with on the Tram are just fine on the other two radios.

Untitled01.jpg

"the only scope in that dc communications trailer is to cover up the crack breath.."

</p>

It's not you, it's them.

The other radios you mention have a separate filter in the receiver for AM. It's wider than you can use on SSB, but makes fine-tuning on AM receive a lot less tricky.

Those guys are off frequency. The D300, like the Cobra 142GTL and Uniden Washington use the same receiver filter for AM as for SSB. The filter is a little too wide for really good SSB receive, and a little too narrow for AM, unless you fine-tune the ones that are off the channel center a little bit.

Leaving out the separate AM receiver section made that radio cheaer to sell than the models that have it. Fewer parts, lower sale price.

It's not you, it's them.

M3D.jpg
</p>

It's not you, it's them.

The other radios you mention have a separate filter in the receiver for AM. It's wider than you can use on SSB, but makes fine-tuning on AM receive a lot less tricky.

Those guys are off frequency. The D300, like the Cobra 142GTL and Uniden Washington use the same receiver filter for AM as for SSB. The filter is a little too wide for really good SSB receive, and a little too narrow for AM, unless you fine-tune the ones that are off the channel center a little bit.

Leaving out the separate AM receiver section made that radio cheaer to sell than the models that have it. Fewer parts, lower sale price.

It's not you, it's them.

M3D.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.