• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

tube tester

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
Does anybody know where or someone close to me here in FL to check 8 tubes for me I don't want to buy a tester just to test 8 tubes or a trusted place to get them checked when I got them with the Palomar 300a 6lf6 they have a piece of tape some say 95% others say 87% in case I do decide to sell them thanks

Does anybody know where or someone close to me here in FL to check 8 tubes for me I don't want to buy a tester just to test 8 tubes or a trusted place to get them checked when I got them with the Palomar 300a 6lf6 they have a piece of tape some say 95% others say 87% in case I do decide to sell them thanks
Where are you located?

poinciana fl which is part of kissimmee fl 34758
Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the state and way south of you (Lehigh Acres).
Since you're nearer to the Kissimmee/Daytona area, try calling 805-680-9808. I don't know this person, but do know he buys/sells tubes, tube checkers, tube amps -- Anything tube-related. I'm guessing he can test them for you either free, or fairly cheap. Also, these folks in Orlando;

Last edited:
Reactions: 1iwilly
Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the state and way south of you (Lehigh Acres).
Since you're nearer to the Kissimmee/Daytona area, try calling 805-680-9808. I don't know this person, but do know he buys/sells tubes, tube checkers, tube amps -- Anything tube-related. I'm guessing he can test them for you either free, or fairly cheap. Also, these folks in Orlando;
Thanks

I bought some 5751s and some EL 84s from Jim Cross many years ago. A buddy of mine and I went over to his operation and he gave us the tour. He definitely had the equipment.

Reactions: GlocknSpiel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m