• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Uniden 78 XL Philippines

tunercars

Sep 12, 2012
the radio has been sitting for years on my shelf it transmits fine but has no sound the time before last time i checked it out the sound was in and out all scratchy like it was dirty so i just put it up and now i took it back out and gonna have it fixed but would like to know why there is no sound at all is it the knob is it something more if i key another radio up the needle moves its the older one with the single volume knob if its just the knob can anyone point me in the right place to get the knob for it

Probably just dusty and dirty. Blow the board off. Spray cleaner in all the front panel control pots. Maybe touch up any cold solder joints. Should come back to life.

Could be the ext speaker jack isn't making good contact on its pass-thru contacts inside, which pass the audio to the internal speaker if nothing is plugged in. If so, try plugging in and out an ext speaker a few times. Worth a shot, see it often enough and easy fix.

Reactions: tunercars

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m