• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Uniden Pro 520XL

T

this_is_nascar

I've decided on this radio due to its compact size and ability to handle off-road useage. I've read that although there's not too much that can be done in the way of peaking/tuning this radio, some improvements can be gained. My intent to keep the stock microphone and have it peaked/tuned to the best of its ability, with the focus being on the best possible modulation I can get.

The question is, where's the best place to get this peak/tune done?

WOW !! YOUR IN CHERRY HILL !! SAW THAT MOVIE !! NJ ? IM NOT SURE ? BUT DTB IS IN PEN. ,HE'S ON THIS FORUM ALOT AND HE DOES DO MAIL ORDER IF YOUR NOT TO CLOSE TO HIM ? OTHER THEN THAT , IM SURE SOMEONE ELSE WILL KNOW OF A PLACE IN YOUR AREA . GOOD CHOICE IN THE LITTLE UNIDEN 520 , HOPEFULLY YOU GET A DECENT ANTENNA TO GO WITH IT. GOOD LUCK AND IM SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. PEACE

As far as tough as nail CB radios ----- for my money the Unidens are hard to beat . I have an old Uniden 33 ( a pre-curser to the 510 & 520) & I've owned 68's, 78's & a couple of 510's with NO Failures ! I have slipseated for 30+ years & I think this is hard on CB's . chainsaw- out-

cb type radios unidens are about as good as it gets
there are 3 tuning slugs inside radio but im not sure what they are without looking it upL3,L4,L5something like thnat,not sure

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m