• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VK0DS Macquarie Island

928bolo

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2008
www.nb3r.com
VK0DS activation of Davis Station in Antarctica (Australia). He has been on 17m, FT8, the past few mornings. I worked him at 10:30 UTC.

His signal was +02 in the northeast US.

It is DXCC entity #153. IOTA AN-005. POTA AQ-0035. CQ Zone 30. That is #302 for me:eek:

Sorry to ruin your day, but it is AN-016 dxcc #013 Antarctica.
Yup...
"VK0DS activation of Davis Station in Antarctica. VKFF-0568 Park
From December 2023 to november 2024 I will occasionally be operational from Davis Station in Antarctica using the callsign VK0DS."

I was in the right place at the right time a couple of week ago, I worked Dave VK0DS on 10m SSB, I was using a barefoot AT-5555Nii with a 1/2 wave vertical, 57 both ways. He was calling CQ with no takers. (It's not very hard to work VK0 from the VK mainland though.)
It was poor WX with -40C at Davis station at the time. Too cold for me!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)