• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

What a Day.....

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Well Good evening WDX members ,so this morning I woke up at around 4am to having a little bit of slurred speech and a little bit of my right face dropping( very, very Minor),but I went to work anyways because at the time I didn't think it was a big deal, I get to work and start setting up,and noticed now I'm having trouble smiling and talking,etc....my co workers told me something was off and I was thinking that I was having a stroke,long story short,drove myself to the ER,got blood work,cat scan and X-ray done, and No stroke thank God but they said I have Bell's Palsy,sent me home with a lot of drugs and I'm off work the next 2 days ( keep in mind I just came back from vacation ) So that's kind day that I had.......

73's

Well Good evening WDX members ,so this morning I woke up at around 4am to having a little bit of slurred speech and a little bit of my right face dropping( very, very Minor),but I went to work anyways because at the time I didn't think it was a big deal, I get to work and start setting up,and noticed now I'm having trouble smiling and talking,etc....my co workers told me something was off and I was thinking that I was having a stroke,long story short,drove myself to the ER,got blood work,cat scan and X-ray done, and No stroke thank God but they said I have Bell's Palsy,sent me home with a lot of drugs and I'm off work the next 2 days ( keep in mind I just came back from vacation ) So that's kind day that I had.......

73's
Prayers to a recovery my friend. Just like the other fellas said, glad it wasn't a stroke. Get some rest and keep us updated.

Make the best of the off time and get a little dx action, maybe that'll help.

73's
Holy crap! Sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes well and you get back to normal soon. Good luck to you, my friend.

Just wanted to say Good Morning and thank you to you all for your warm wishes and Prayers as I really do appreciate it,So I'm learning as I fired up the radio this morning and made a Contact out of Florida around 630,that I have to force myself to slow down my speech when I'm talking to others so they can understand me if that makes sense,and been reading a lot online about Bell's Palsy diagnosis, biggest thing is I can't rush the healing process and it takes time, nevertheless it's great to have Friends like you all and through it all,God is Still Good,hope you all have a great day ahead, Thank you again.....

73's

I hope you have a minor version of Bells Palsy vs. the long term /rest of your life version, which comes and goes, and can be very painful at times. Hoping for the best!
Thank you Woody 202,at this time it does appear that I have a very minor version of it,not really any pain with it,but maybe a very slight dull feeling on the side of my face,I'm getting there, just finishing up my med's today and have a follow-up appointment tomorrow with my local doctor,so we just take it one day at a time and choose to be thankful no matter what!!
73's

Same here, just noticed. Weather yesterday and today in NE causing so havoc on headache and seizure sensitive persons. Hope all stays well my friend. I had and episode some years ago, can me very scary. I was fortunate my PCP is a calm, knowledgeable gentleman. Relax, try to talk to Europe if time permits.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Well I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor today( I have a really good one)and he said that I'm close to being back to 80 percent and he said I should be back close to 100 in a few weeks to a few months,I still have a little bit of dullness feeling on my right side and dealing with some fatigue which is normal,but I'm starting able to smile more normal, still feel like I have to slow down my speech like I have to catch-up and he said that's normal during the healing process,so all and all I'm doing better and making progress, Just wanted to update and say Thank you again to everyone for their Thoughts and Prayers and Concern .........

Last edited:
Well AE575 at least we'll all know it's you if we contact you in DX land!

JK!

seriously though i do hope you recover quickly. bells palsy can last for months in some people.
LC
Thank you,yes I had read about and my doctor had also mentioned that in some cases that it can last many months before further recovery sets in, thankfully at this time at least for me,it appears it won't be that terriblely long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.