• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

What year did the HR 2510 go into production?

USXDriver

Jan 2, 2006
The first time I ever heard of them and laid eyes on one was in 1989, but this guy on facebook said he bought his first in 1980. Is he full of s??t? Thanks in advance...

1989 is what I remember. Kept pestering Uniden in Indianapolis for a service manual. They kept putting me off, saying it was "out of stock". Then one day a carton of six HR2510 radios was dropped off by UPS, prepaid. Not COD. Seemed baffling, so I put them in the stock room away from prying eyes until I could ask just how they screwed up an order for a service manual. It was a hot item at the time and I didn't need the questions they would get. Got a call from a nice-sounding young woman at Uniden asking if I had received a COD with a carton of six 2510s. She sounded terribly disappointed when I answered "no". Then I added that I had received a carton prepaid, not COD. She was quite relieved. I told her I would let the UPS driver pick them up once I had a service manual for that model. It showed up in the mail a couple of days later.

Had to be 1989 or 1990.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.