• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wondering if this radio ever made it to market or fizzled out !

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I thought I heard earlier in the year that President Radio was suppose to come out with the McKinley II FCC or McKinley FCC that was suppose to have FM but I've been looking for it with no luck. Was wondering if that Idea got scrapped or was someone's wishful thinking?

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Looks like it was a "limited edition" so it seems it is no longer available.
That could explain it but that seems crazy seeing people want FM & SSB also. I would liked to have got one but I just got my first McKinley straightened out and running good so it was hard to think of buying another one. Money doesn't grow on trees !

That could explain it but that seems crazy seeing people want FM & SSB also. I would liked to have got one but I just got my first McKinley straightened out and running good so it was hard to think of buying another one. Money doesn't grow on trees !
Yeah...I don't know what the deal is. Why just a limited edition if it is popular?
Maybe there was a limit on how many of certain parts could be procured so they could only make so many. You might find a used one up for grabs if you watch for it on Ebay. I saw one advertised on Amazon for $259 but didn't notice if it was out of stock or not.

Reactions: whiteastro
Yeah...I don't know what the deal is. Why just a limited edition if it is popular?
Maybe there was a limit on how many of certain parts could be procured so they could only make so many. You might find a used one up for grabs if you watch for it on Ebay. I saw one advertised on Amazon for $259 but didn't notice if it was out of stock or not.
With my bad luck on radios I would be nervous at buying someone else s junk, but I bought two new pieces of junk new in a row also. LOL

With my bad luck on radios I would be nervous at buying someone else s junk, but I bought two new pieces of junk new in a row also. LOL
You do have to be a little careful about buying used stuff but there are some protections with PayPal. Everything is about protecting the consumer, not the vendor.

You do have to be a little careful about buying used stuff but there are some protections with PayPal. Everything is about protecting the consumer, not the vendor.
What was the name of that radio? Was it the McKinley II FCC or just the McKinley FCC ? I think I only seen it advertised once.

The export has always had FM, and the McKinley II FCC is still available. At the price of the McKinley II FCC, I'd prefer the George FCC, but it's the harder one to find.

The export has always had FM, and the McKinley II FCC is still available. At the price of the McKinley II FCC, I'd prefer the George FCC, but it's the harder one to find.

President Radio didn't have it listed on their web site ( McKinley II FCC ) the last I looked, unless I just missed it. I'll look again !

Makes my old sad mind wonder if they had problems with the McKinley II FCC and that is why they came out with the George FCC ?

Humm.. :rolleyes: That's an interesting thought.
If it were me, I would get the George FCC... for the same price.

Watch this....

Thanks for the video and my fever says yes but my practical mind says no. I think I'll try to find a video on the McKinley II FCC Innards to what is inside that radio. I know I jumped the gun when I bought the President Thomas and got a chance to look inside. Slowly I'm learning to control the fever instead of the other way around. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Length on matching stubs is critical...Length of rods is part of the overall antenna...Would appear antenna is too Long...same on Both Polarities or different?
  • @ Crawdad:
    Here's a thought: Could the length of the SS welding rod need to be different than what the broken rod(s) were due to a different Velocity Factor of SS?
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Close to the same. Thats the rout I was going. But needed a second opinion. Thanks cranking the hazer up and down testing was getting to an old man. Upper 90s here. Cheers 297 The red dog north Alabama.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.