• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

WTB Quansheng/Anysecu UV 5K Setup as Single Band 11 Meter

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi guys, One of these days I'll break down and buy a PC Laptop to use for Chiner Radio Programming but not doing yet. Yeah I'm in the computer age and all but use an iMac desktop. I have a local ham friend who tries to do this stuff for me but he stays super busy with work & family and hard to get him over to do things for me.
I'm looking to buy a UV 5K that has been set up as Single Band for 11M so it does All Mode and Full Power on 11 meters. That is it. Maybe you can also forward me some instructions as how to manipulate the settings in Menu for basic navigation in this setup. I will come up with an 11M antenna for it unless you already have one that you'll part with.
Thanks - I expect you to charge me something for your work.

That is a VHF/UHF hand held with FM only and a range of 50-600 MHz. Full power and all modes on 11m? Is it April 1 already?
You have to read through the whole Thread. New information is presented as you go along.

Capitan, Troy Radio Service has the Software and Hardware mod for this radio to convert to 27 MHz
Its more than just programming, you have to install a add on board to the radio and do some hardware mods.
It will no longer work on VHF/UHF after as far as I know.
And I don't know if he is doing it right now , as I understand he is booked solid doing Flex radio repair and other things.

Jeff

Capitan, Troy Radio Service has the Software and Hardware mod for this radio to convert to 27 MHz
Its more than just programming, you have to install a add on board to the radio and do some hardware mods.
And I don't know if he is doing it right now , as I understand he is booked solid doing Flex radio repair and other things.

Jeff
Thanks for the additional info here A S !! email sent.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

Jeff

Yeah, OK then. I knew for a FACT it was NOT able to do as stated with a simple software mod even with a firmware update.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.