• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Yaesu G-450ADC Rotator

edfiero

Jul 15, 2010
Not an antenna post, but related to antennas.

I have a G-450 rotor that stopped working. I took it all apart and decided it was the electric motor itself inside the rotator housing that was bad. (All gears are fine).

Contacted Yaesu and asked for a parts listing and they would not provide it. Instead they said, 'Tell us what you need' and we'll provide it if possible.. Strange, but OK. I was able to order the motor. Around 60 bucks. I thought it was reasonable. Probably a 30 dollar motor with a 100% mark up. What bugged me was that they charged me $30 SHIPPING. I'm sure the motor weighs less than 1 pound.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Does anyone have a diagram showing how this thing goes together? I'm guessing in a week or two whenever the motor arrives, I won't remember how to reassemble. It would be great if I could find a diagram, or better yet a Service Manual so I have all the Torque specifications.

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.