• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Yagi waterproofing ideas

Dereka5

Jul 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I've just put a 2 element shortboom Yagi up yesterday for testing purposes and I'm happy with it.

I plan on pulling it down in a day or two to waterproof the feed point, joints, gamma match, etc'.

Weather here in Scotland (UK) is pretty bad for 3/4 of the year, so I need to make sure the Yagi is well protected.

Can anybody offer any pointers for waterproofing & care products that are suitable, please?

I am using the gamma match on my yagi and what I did with mine was wrap some of that black pipe wrap tape around the gamma rod where it slides in/out. It's kept the water out pretty good for the last 22 yrs now (water was getting inside the rod).
That tape is waterproof. I also drilled some small weep holes along the bottom of the gamma rod.

If you hear Ean & Leighann sometime, tell them hi for me if you could.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dereka5

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.