• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

You did so well with the last amp......

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I thought I would try this one. I know it is a Fire Bird. The model is F100/BM. Just by the name only, someone else said it was a 2 tube linear capable of around 300 watts. This thing is small.... plus..... this thing has two transistors in it. I can not find any information about this (the /BM) model at all. any attempt to search F100/BM comes back as a F100 and it is a whole different kettle of fish. Has anyone seen one of these?

57uxCOd.jpg

vWfBBvb.jpg

FFMixwb.jpg

9dUw3CP.jpg

AqylbVc.jpg

I thought I would try this one. I know it is a Fire Bird. The model is F100/BM. Just by the name only, someone else said it was a 2 tube linear capable of around 300 watts. This thing is small.... plus..... this thing has two transistors in it. I can not find any information about this (the /BM) model at all. any attempt to search F100/BM comes back as a F100 and it is a whole different kettle of fish. Has anyone seen one of these?

57uxCOd.jpg

vWfBBvb.jpg

FFMixwb.jpg

9dUw3CP.jpg

AqylbVc.jpg
I have one here, that I turned into a Frankenstein. What do you want to know about it? It is same or similar to Digital Sport Systems, Bishop, Hooker, Bimbo, Hoebag (joking) and more.

Reactions: murdog
I think those transistors are 60 watt from long ago.
Yes that is right. PT9803 was a sub for the good 'ole 455. So that amp will do, at most, about 100 to 110 watts clean output. It needs about 3 or 4 watts drive max.

It is almost identical inside to my Boomer 100.

Reactions: unit_399
Yes that is right. PT9803 was a sub for the good 'ole 455. So that amp will do, at most, about 100 to 110 watts clean output. It needs about 3 or 4 watts drive max.

It is almost identical inside to my Boomer 100.
It is not like any of the Boomer's I've seen.

Back before CB radios had a carrier control, we would add two or three 2-Watt resistors between the relay and the primary of the input transformer. This would cut the carrier down to a safe level and sounded better. This transistor required scandalously little radio drive to smack it hard. High/Low switches had not become a thing just yet when this one was made. Date codes on the RF transistors is 1976.

A blast from the past.

Back before CB radios had a carrier control, we would add two or three 2-Watt resistors between the relay and the primary of the input transformer. This would cut the carrier down to a safe level and sounded better. This transistor required scandalously little radio drive to smack it hard. High/Low switches had not become a thing just yet when this one was made. Date codes on the RF transistors is 1976.

A blast from the past.

Any memory of the actual value of the resistors?
I can't believe that this thing is that old!!!!

Is it even possible that the transistors COULD be good anymore???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.