• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 driving 3

on the 1x3's and 1x4's i have seen the final tubes all run in parallel not like a solidstate amp combined in pairs.

bob85 said:
on the 1x3's and 1x4's i have seen the final tubes all run in parallel not like a solidstate amp combined in pairs.

You nailed it, vacuum tubes are connected (fed) in parallel while transistors are connected in "Push-Pull" configuration; neither transistor being fed (conducting) 100% of the time because of the impedence matching (toroid) transformers.

same as transitors just has tubes.

Why no solid state 1X3's?

Paws, aren't some tube amps push pull?

Please dumb down the answer if possible. Not easy stuff for the GED Class of 1999 lol

3's and 6's

Kwijibo said:
Why no solid state 1X3's?

Paws, aren't some tube amps push pull?

Please dumb down the answer if possible. Not easy stuff for the GED Class of 1999 lol

It is possible (but not popular) to have an amplifier with 3 finals (or any combination of; 1X3, 2X6 or something driving 12).

Instead of using a torroid splitter/combiner (which divides/add one signal) they use a "port" which is constructed to feed/combine 3 or more signals.

Typically, you see tubes in the push-pull configuration in audio circuits where they are being fed via a modulation transformer.

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio