• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1x4 or straight 6 pill

pimphand442

Jun 11, 2011
i sucsessfully built a 2 pill i have 38 2879's and 19 2290's 24 mrf454's 17 mrf455's and 27 sd1446's got my dads collection all tested good so i tried my first amplifier build with 2 2879's works ok i think my radio cobra 29 dk 4watts swings to 12 and with amp on dk 80 and swings to 175 on avg.....on pep about 210 watts not sure how good thatis but for my first build im hppy with it just got these transistors to expiriment with so ill tweak and figure out a lil more till i can get it right but i sure wouldlike to build somethig a little bigger wasthinking maybe a 1x4 or straight 6 any ideas on that?

If it were me I would save a small number for myself and sell the rest on E-bay. Then just buy several quality built amplifiers for your own use. If you do decide to keep building amplifiers with a driver stage are tougher to get right. I would stick to a 2 or 4 pill amp build. And if you really want to get something done a class AB amplifier would be best.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.