• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2290 stinger board?

Not that I have ever seen, I have seen the MRF 455 and SD1446 used in a few different types of "stinger" boards, but no 2290`s.
I have seen Justin do a 2290 mounted to the rear of a galaxy radio, high power mod, looked well done.

Jeff

I've seen a couple Lee and Connex-style radios modified with a 2290 pill, and if done correctly, its a pretty good mod. One modified radio that I tested drew well under 10 amps, but still delivered about 100 watts. I've never tried that mod myself, but I definitely can vouch for it as a viable option.

I have one of those DAMN stinger boards.....in 2 different radios 4 different (good)techs could not get it to work.Leave the cover off and it worked fine put the cover on and with the way it popped,cracked and hissed i thought i was going to have to call in a priest......the power of christ compels you!!!

[imghttp://cbworldinformer.com/200202/3300_3500_photos_p4.htm[/img]
[imghttp://cbworldinformer.com/200202/3300_3500_photos_p3.htm[/img]

Hope this come through!!!

Pics of Ar3300 & Ar3500 put out by the Clear Channel Corp. Its a 125 watt deal.

Any ideas ?????

so who does a board like that? if it acually worked i would be interested in one for my 2510. have to redesign the bottom cover with a new heat sink bottom but it would be worth it to have the pa section married to the radio.

Two main issues,

1) Shielding, and

2) Filtering of the power and keying lead wires.

Look inside any radio with a factory built-in amplifier like the Clear Channel AR, 2970, 2990/95, Connex 6900, and you'll find a metal shield that encloses the amplifier circuits. The wires leading into it are properly filtered.

Mimic that part of the setup, and it should perform like the factory-installed types.

Leave that stuff out, and you'll have...... a Stinger... Not to mention all the RF headaches that the lack of a shield and filtering will bring about.

Just got to see a Connex 4300 on the inside. Uses a single 2SC2290 as a final in place of the 2SC2312. Cute, gets around 80 Watts peak with a 20 Watt carrier.

They mount the 2290 in place of the stock final, with a small circuit board around the 2290.

4300mopowah1wp.jpg

Gotta wonder how long before somebody comes up with a "retrofit" kit to put this in your Galaxy DX-33?

cool, so it's probably a lot easier just to do a new final mod versus attaching a stinger board to a radio? but if it doesn't increase your signal by 1 s unit then it's not worth it unless your driving an amp?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.