• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950dx suddenly off frequency

I bought it used from a guy, so i doubt itis under warranty, i think its a couple years old, worked fine scince this past fall, put it away for a while and just got it back out( set up a new area for equipment) and got it all set up, worked fine for a week then the other night on 273850 lsb with local contacts, all of a sudden couldnt tune them in. Was hearing them in cw mode. Then today ivfound if i tuned down to 273824 it was right on both xmit and recieve. Seems like it also might be drifting back and forth. Although in 10 meters usb seemed right on

Most radios use separate oscillators for LSB, AM, and USB due to the offset in frequency between them. If AM and USB are good, suspect the LSB oscillator. Could be a crystal went bad, otherwise it's likely a cap is drifting. Since USB appears to be working, we can rule out many of the common voltage regulation possibilities.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.