• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2m 70cm antenna options?

I think I'm gonna have to pick myself up one of those.. tnx for the review. Based on the numbers, the eham reviews on that one aren't too bad eiter..

I think I'm gonna have to pick myself up one of those.. tnx for the review. Based on the numbers, the eham reviews on that one aren't too bad eiter..

I think you'll be happy. It doesn't cost a fortune. I try to avoid EHAM reviews... to many self important, chest thumping experts trying to impress.

I have purchased many aftermarket HT antennas and this one looks decent. Granted, I don't have the fancy analyzers like some of the EHAM nerds do, nor do I want any... Well, maybe a scope and a few.....!

Most people knock Chinese stuff, but crap, they've been making stuff for over five thousand years. I suppose there's the occasional worker that doesn't give a shit that day and puts out a crappy product. I've seen my share of good old "made in USA" CRAP also.

For $13.50, I'll take a shot...

Yeah I know what you're saying about eham.. I only look at the numbers, I also don't really care much for what the reviewers have to say.

Ordered 2 this afternoon. I'll have a good impression in about a week and a half.

WOW what a thread...

It is people EXACTLY like Channel Jumper that made me think Ham radio was full of garbage people back in the 70's and 80's..

Glad i decided to give it another look at years later..

Hey parttimehammer..Ignore dummies like channel jumper..

I am not all that impressed with the Wouxun HT .. However that is more because i Try to go with the better gear up front rather then trying lessor priced units and then doing countless upgrades..

I know a couple of people who use the Wouxun and they sound good and those i know who have it seem to like it..

You continue to ask all the questions you want or need...for many here are willing to help inform you of what may work best..be it lower priced or limitless priced..

I do indeed think that Channel Jumper needs to take many ( perhaps countless chill pills ) Not only is he rude..he also does not have that great a grasp of talking properly either ( he has rather poor slang/grammer )

The good thing about this forum is how it is involved with nearly all faucets of 2 way communications (but especially cb/ham/GRMS/MURS) and it is a combination of all these different 2 way systems that we learn how best to communicate..be it with an HT or some high end multi thousand dollar radio/antenna system.

The Wouxun radios may however help to force the other manufactures to be more price competitive (or offer more lower end entry line units)..

As far as the antennas go especially..i see no reason why the chinese made ones would not be a good alternative (priced better and keeping high performance )..

anyways...just my 2 cents..That Channel Jumper annoyed the heck out of me for a min..

It's a little off-topic, but I've got 2 of the Chinese HTs and in the past I've had quite a few from the big 3. I like the Chinese ones quite a lot because of the value offered in particular. I have a Quansheng TG-UV2 and a Wouxun KG-UV2D. I like the Quansheng best, it just has a better heft and feel to it, the menu system is very easy to get used to, and it receives and transmits like a top-notch radio. It has no DTMF though, and there are a couple features that exist in the menu but do not work. This represents a slight lack of polish to me. Not an issue in an otherwise very nice sub-$100 radio though, IMO.

The Wouxun is more lightweight than the Quansheng, but transmits and receives equally well. The menu system is more polished, but tedious IMO. There are a couple features that are implemented in a way I don't care for. It does have DTMF capability built in though, which enhances it's usefulness.

I've been surprised by the improving quality of Chinese manufacturing personally, and they do seem to be able to provide a good value. Each of my specimens performs extremely well, even better than most of the "big three" HTs I've had, but in terms of software and feature layout they lack the same level of polish.

Those chinese HT's go basically for $100-$150..
Where with the big 3 you can get a entry line for about $230..

Best HT i have ever had is the Icom T90a and that was only $230 when i got it ( sure since used can pick up much cheeper now ) it is still Years after i have gotten and used it .. is usually mistaken for a base ( when i use a good dual band antenna as well as the external mike )..

I also have the Icom IC 91AD and kenwood THf6a ( they both have their advantages as well..though my T90 trounces them both. minis the 220 mhz and digital ) but the one down side of the T90a is battery life between charges ( but i have 4 other batteries anyways..so still doesnt matter... lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.