• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

350 in a chevy s 10 truck

I built one I got the motors mounts , headers, radiator from www.jegs.com For a tranny I used a TH350 auto, but a 700rF will fit I heard and , 4spd or 5spd will fit also if you prefer a stick shift

WHAT YEAR S-10?

THE 350 AND 4.3 I WAS TOLD TO BE THE SAME BLOCK THEY CUT TWO CLY, OFF TO MAKE THE 4.3 THEY SHOULD MATE UP TO THE SAME TRANNY . YOU CAN FINE SOME INFO AT ADVANCE ADAPTERS WWW.ADVANCEADAPTERS.COM OR ASK AROUND ON THE PIRATE BOARD
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php

im not to sure but if it is tbi it also shoud be the same as the same year 350 tbi . a motor swap here in caly sucks i put a 4.3 in my toyota and you thought i killed some one when it came to get smoged

MR.THUMP said:
WHAT YEAR S-10?

THE 350 AND 4.3 I WAS TOLD TO BE THE SAME BLOCK THEY CUT TWO CLY, OFF TO MAKE THE 4.3 THEY SHOULD MATE UP TO THE SAME TRANNY . YOU CAN FINE SOME INFO AT ADVANCE ADAPTERS WWW.ADVANCEADAPTERS.COM OR ASK AROUND ON THE PIRATE BOARD
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php

im not to sure but if it is tbi it also shoud be the same as the same year 350 tbi . a motor swap here in caly sucks i put a 4.3 in my toyota and you thought i killed some one when it came to get smoged

The 350 and 4.3 share the same bellhousing bolt pattern. I actually have a Corvette 700R4 tranny in mine but with the lower 4.3/305/350TBI shift points and set up for the 4x4 transfer case. I'm also working on a "full-time" 4wd setup for when I change over to the 350. I figure that should solve the traction problem.

BTW, panama, you didn't mention if your's is a 4x4. It gets a bit more difficult to swap in a 350 in the 4x4 S-10's (special oil pan and different headers) and a bit more expensive but it's certainly doable.

C W Morse said:
It's hard to beat them Chevys! ;)

CWM

Ain't that the truth. It's catching up with my Mercedes Diesel. 250k showing on the odometer (and the odometer has been broken for years) and it still starts and runs like new! Too bad my Mercedes is turning into a pile of rust. Unfortunately, Chevys rust pretty bad too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.