• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 pin mic header

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
I am looking for a 4 pin mic header but..... it needs to be from the older side mic type cobra radios. The new ones they sell at radio shack and on-line are to shallow and don't extend outwards fare enough.

what I did and want to do is convert all my radios to 4 pin mic so I don't need adaptors...

Last edited:

mkube,

i think the reason you havent gotten any responses yet is because you need to better explain what your problems are and why the items you are finding wont work.

also, the term "mic header" is not one im used to.
can you post a link to what you are looking for?

more details equals more responses.
LC

4 pin mic jack chassis mount:

4pinmicjack.jpg

ok, so if i understand correctly, mkube is saying that there are not enough threads on the solder side of the jacks they sell at radio shack and on ebay.

but the jacks on the older "side mic" cobra style radios had more threads?

well now at least i understand the question, but i dont know what the answer is yet.

i will search around a bit tonight and see if i can find some that will work for you mkube.
LC

well, after looking around for a while, im not finding any that are different/ more threads than any other.

its looking like getting one off an old radio is the only way to go.
LC

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.