• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

43WR014 in West Australia on 11mtr ...

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
Couldn't believe it when I initially heard him, Darrell, his signal was 5x7. My signal was 5x9. 00:30UTC. Australia usually barely registers here. 9400 mile trip. He has a 10 element cubicle quad @ 100ft. Must be quite the antenna.

Geraldton.jpg

AAAAAAAH here we go... I left a post for you Robin on other page My bad... I was with you when you made that contact to him, Both of you 5x9 to my station here in my hole i live in.. And you are correct normaly have to strain to hear 43 div... What was strange was the fact I had both of you ( short skip and long at same time)

Galaxy 88 Kenwood MC-60 mic
125 w Imax 2000

Kenwood TS430 sic going to doc :cry:

Last edited:
I had him back in the Spring to my station here in NW Arkansas. I was pretty excited over that, too. I used a 4 element Yagi, so your contact is really outstanding for a vertical!

10703.59 miles between us.

Interested in that DX Atlas program you run, Klondike. I use Google Earth.V.Cool contact and distance for a vertical.Big congrats!

Robb, if you haven't found already;
DX Atlas: Amateur Radio software

I only scratch the surface of what this program does. I'm sure there are others that are more well versed on its features and could comment more. I only use it for the graphical display of contacts, I don't get excited about looking at letters and numbers in a log book;

dxmap.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.