• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

706mk2g options

Jun 22, 2008
n.w. oregon
thinking hard about ordering a new 706mk2g. what exactly is the high stability crystal osilator option.????? this is going to be a 10 thru 12 meter ssb used rig for me so is this nessisary.??? worth the money.??? is it a plug n play deal or need soldering in.??? im going to get the 1.8 ssb filter but cant really afford much more than the radio and the filter for right now.

That's Icom's part number CR-282. You can find all the information on it you need with a quick Google. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that, based on your needs.

I guess the answer is "it depends". What that does is guarantee (as well as it can) that the frequency won't drift. It would be the most useable on SSB 2m, or if you're going to be in extreme operating conditions. I don't have that option on my 706 that mobile and have never felt like I needed it, but I've never operated 2m ssb there either. I wish I had it for my 746Pro the few times I've used 2m ssb in the shack

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.