• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

955 blown fuse

Christopher17

LongStride
Apr 13, 2019
So my beloved Stryker 955 poped the fuse when accidentally touchy the ground wire to the positive lug, now doesn't power up, fuse pops as soon as connected, is there anything I should check before shipping it out? I'm no tech and while I can do minor component testing and replacement , just don't want to be without it if there is something I could do myself

IMG_20201207_111752597~2.jpg Is this part between the power and ground (sr36) a diode? If so it has continuity both ways and is possibly my problem ,

I use 10A10 10amp diodes for protection. They’re commonly used with solar panels.

My favorite thing in the world is helping people when they pop their protection diode because they'll be upset and think they killed their radio and then you replace one part and they are back on the air and so happy!

Great you got it fixed and are back on the air!

My favorite thing in the world is helping people when they pop their protection diode because they'll be upset and think they killed their radio and then you replace one part and they are back on the air and so happy!

Great you got it fixed and are back on the air!

When I was young I hooked power to a radio with the polarity wrong. Had no idea what I had done, and traded the radio off to some one who did know, but wouldn't say. He had that sucker on the air the next day, and I suddenly had an interest in fixing the problem myself if I ever did that again.

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.