• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A "Circular Quad" Beam? -Yup!

this is interesting. It shouldn't be too difficult to replicate. It could easily provide the solution to the difficulty of mounting an omni over a quad. I just question the merits of so much tower between the elements. I think I'd look into raising it above the tower.

Using a G5RV as a comparison is really apples and mothballs. I'd rather see a comparison using a 3 element yagi as the standard.

I've seen Hula Hoops used in just this way for VHF elements, and that worked pretty well. I'm trying to visualize what a multiband version of this antenna would look like. So far, it ain't pretty. Unusual, yes, but not pretty.

18 dB gain over the G5RV? I'd need to see actual antenna range measurements for that. If it's a "real" G5RV, with a major lobe aimed at Kuwait, the dBd standard would probably apply. Still, a 2-element quad will typically show 5 or 6 dBd gain, so 18 is a little optimistic.

Guy uses round hoops instead of making a cubical wire.

Pretty cool if you haven't seen it before.

The E Z O antenna . . .

E-Z-O | Home

YouTube - 2 Element E-Z-O Performance Results

This quote from the website leaves me scratching my head, does this guy really think he invented the Hoop Antenna?

"In spite of its humble inception, this could be the biggest improvement in antenna design in over 50 years!"

This quote from the website leaves me scratching my head, does this guy really think he invented the Hoop Antenna?

"In spite of its humble inception, this could be the biggest improvement in antenna design in over 50 years!"

Hmmm, couldn't agree more, circular quads have been around a long time.

Biggest improvement in 50 years,

this excerpt lifted from Tom w8ji's site sort of proves they were at least half a century too late, the key word is circular.

" The first reference I can find to 2 dB gain came in 1952 from Mushiake and Adachi of Tohoku University in Japan. They calculated the gain of a large circular full wave loop as about 2 dBd (dBd = db over dipole)."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.