• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A CONTACT

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Had the MURS Beam pointing west last evening...a signal and they came back to me...42 miles from the house, they were also using a base unit and beam. I could hear the mobile they were talking to, but it faded rapidly, but the base station was comfortable listening to.

DOCTOR/795

MURS

Yes the tropo map looks great, will be checking it as spring comes about., I use a 2 mtr beam now and a j pole for murs, beam obviously works better.
GMRS A 6 element beam but not high enough yet, but havent heard any activity except down on FRS when hunting season was around nothing now.
Thinking of putting up a grnd plane for gmrs also, saw where MFJ sells them for around 100 which covers GMRS, some areas have much activity and some nothing.

See you on the openings in the Spring

DOCTOR/795

795 ON 151.88 FROM THE CORNFIELDS

We run 151.940 around here. We were running 151.88 but some thing that sounds like speed dial on a phone has forced off that channel. So if you hear it you know where its coming from. We also might be switching to a PL tone because of all the interference we get from the Cleveland area. If we can all decide on a tone Ill let you know what it is.

Try a Beam Antenna

Hay I use a pair of home made 7elm beams at 50ft.
You can work DX on 151 also I live in West Virginia.
We have done contacts from mtn. to mtn. at 150mi plus.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.