• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A very slick tool for your Coax

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
I know there are many people here that have these, but I just got mine today and felt I should say how well it works...fantastic!

About 1 1/2 minutes and your coax is trimmed and ready for the PL259
Cablematic 8000

It will work on any "RG-8" size coax (nominal 0.405" dia.). There are adjustments that you have to make to suit the specific coax you're using...be prepared to sacrifice a foot or two for testing. Even the same stuff from the same manufacturer but from a different batch or run may be off by a couple thousandths of an inch.

You can get these from AES or HRO, I'm sure. Another one, which I've used with a good success rate, is made by AIM, and is sold by AES.

Hello Roger, Thank you for writing to us. The UT8000 stripper cannot work on the 9913F7 cable. In samples we tested, the center conductor can be nicked by the UT8000 blade. We appreciate your interest. Thank you & 73, Rod Ehrhart - WN8R
DX Engineering Customer Support
dxengineering@dxengineering.com
Orders (800) 777-0703

This is what I was told about the UT8000 coax stripper :( .

AP

Strange - I've used it on the F7 with no problems, and the cable is still working just fine. However, you can always go for the other one I mentioned..the one by AIM. Check Google or the AES catalog online. There's quite a bit of adjustment on the AIM tool...if I'm doing a large number of connectors, I prefer using the AIM tool over the UT-8000.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.