• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier Info

Just was looking at Texas Star amps. They say the amp needs a crystal installed? How easy is that? I was decided on Dave Made... now I am totally confused! Haha!

Xforce TnT or midnight special?
Texas Star?
Dave made 4 pill?

What do you guys think would be better?

I'm not wanting to compete here. I talk locally the most, shoot skip a little everyday. I thought if I was going to go to the trouble of hooking up an amp I would run the most I could.

Last edited:
Just was looking at Texas Star amps. They say the amp needs a crystal installed? How easy is that? I was decided on Dave Made... now I am totally confused! Haha!

X. ��

NAH the "crystal" is just to skirt around the FCC that it is mostly used on 11 meter.

You are using mostly AM mode now, if there is any chance you may want to do some SSB operations then definately the Texas Star amp.

Some places will convert the Texas Star amp for you as part of your purchase, others charge extra. It's easy to do yourself, if you have the skills. There is plenty of info on the web that describes how to do it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.