• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifiers

D

dee004

I have just installed a new cobra 75 it's the new unit for limited space applications where everything is housed in the mic. The unit is great but needs power. Is there a good amp out there which I can install on this unit? I'm just north of Toronto.

Welcome to the Forum Dee ....yes there are many amps that will work for you and your new radio , depends on how much your looking for and how much your willing to pay ? Your radio will also have to be detuned for the amp of your choice (watts brought down) look around the Forum Swap Shop and you might find a little something in there . Good luck to you. (I think Butcher has a small little amp that will give you a little extra at a pretty fair price)Butcher's Box

fatboy

buckshot said:
Fatboy products is the way to go, do a google.

yeah buy another copy cat box, buy from who made this game the way it is DAVEMADE!!!

Actually it will be tough to run an amp to it's peak potential with that radio. That radio is a last resort when space and mobility are the main concerns. A Uniden 500xl will out talk the Cobra 75 and is much more tuneable. Not too many shops will even work on the 75 and there is not much that can be done to it. Most smaller amplifiers need a 1-2 watt dead key, my Cobra 75 would dead key 4 and swing 6 watts and had lame AUDIO. I sold it on the forum and only got like 35 bucks shipped. The 75 serves a specific purpose, it's great to throw a radio in the car for a trip. With an external speaker it has decent ears, it's just not a strong talker thats all. Good luck.

Butcher sums it up well. Adding more power to a radio with such poor audio is a waste of money.
I have a buddy who ran one in is new Wrangler and just bought a Magnum 257 and mounted it under the glove box and he sees the light.
The amp that will take that kind of dead key will cost you well over $100.
It is not worth it.
For vehicle to vehicle it works if that is all you care about. Beyond that it is time to start thinking outside of the box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.