• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Thief

AE5RD

Reformed CB'er
May 4, 2005
Well this sucks. A man i know gave me a 3 element hf beam and a HF vertical and I found out that someone came in a boom truck and said they were me and stole the antennas right out from under my nose. I'm really pissed. Last year I was given an eighty ft tower with three rotators on it and the ham club would not help me get them and then when i gave up they were mysteriously able to go and get the tower which they had allready had their eye on. I ready to kick some ass. I just don't know who!!

Important lesson learned....never tell other hams you have a deal going until you have the stuff in hand ;-)

That's pretty low,,,,,,,,,I think if a license ham is proven gulty of doing something like or selling broken radios etc. that they should loose there license.

That's pretty low,,,,,,,,,I think if a license ham is proven gulty of doing something like or selling broken radios etc. that they should loose there license.

First,I would try and find out who it was that did it.Second, I would introduce his new tower to Mr. Hacksaw. (y)

BTW,what do you propose should be done if the culprit was a CB'er with no license to loose?

I guess I am going to just have to build or buy a three element beam of my own. Sometimes deals are just too good to be true. I really don't need a triband beam. I would be happy with a 20 meter 3 element monoband Yagi. Anybody know of some plans for a yagi? I would like to shorten the elements.

site

Nice site!! Too Bad you have to be a member to get the 3 element yagi plans for 14 mhz. Anybody a member of the ARRL?

Yagi design

I'll try and figure your info tonight or saturday...just 20m's or other bands also...tell me how you would like to feed...direct with coax...gamma match?...compact or MAX gain...2 ele/3 element? I think I have some open links you can study...look later
All the Best
BJ

Yagi info

161: I was able to get a downloaded PDF file of the ARRL antenna book chapter 11 on YAGI design...it contains the info for 20m/2 through 6 element info and construction setup...should help with your project...and help you decide on material/boom length and feedpoint coupling...it is about 4Mb long so I need a AD that will accept this info...let me know...without knowing the material(tubing size)...matching network...etc/ it is not as simple as wanting to build for MAX Gain...but I have used EMT conduit/Alm tubing/wire etc on my projects and been able to get good results every time...
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.