• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone else using the Internet Explorer 7 beta?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I just downloaded it and am trying it out. For the most part I like it, but it is making everything on the forum centered in each column. I know I had it specied as left justified on the web site. Is anyone else seeing this?

im using a fully updated winxpPro and ie7 would not run after install. i now see there is a beta 2. but fark it im not trying it again to full release. tabbed brousing just means it opens in a tab up top instead of a new window. big deal !!!!!!! so ill keep what i got for now maybe when full realease is out ill try it again. (shrugs)

then again maybe ill wait till i build my next PC with xpPro 64 or vista.

OK, I had to edit all the style sheets to fix it. It looks like IE7 assumes that if you don't specify an alignment tag on a table, it automatically centers it, instead of automatically doing left align like before. It took me forever to fix it all...what a pain.

If anyone finds anything else that looks funny with IE7, let me know.

True. But sometimes change is better and just hard to get used too.
Yes I run IE7 from the very beginning beta 2 does just as you said it does and I thought it was me.
It will sometimes also allow the mssg to run off the side of the screen so you cannot read the end of the mssg without scrolling the page to read the mssg.
Oh well VISTA is coming! like it or not. Maybe before the end of the century. :p

Change is never better when it makes things more complex rather than simplifying. Simplification is rarely better when it requires complex processes behind the scenes to make it simple. Simple things are rarely easy to troubleshoot. At least that's my design theory. I'd rather they quit trying to pack in loads of worthless features and make it nice and user friendly like DOS or Linux used to be without all the extra crap.

Simplification leads to worthless crap like the Mac. (And now that I've probably annoyed everybody but the old school users, I'll shut up for a bit...)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.