• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

atas 120a used on mars/cap

parallax

Nov 4, 2010
Oregun
I was wondering what happens if you want to use the atas 120a antenna out of the ham bands,, does it tune?. or not.. been thinking of getting one to hook to a yaesu 857d,, but i dont want to waste my money or time,, if it does not work,, thnxs in advance for any help

It will load up any HF frequencies from 40 meters and up. Most of the daily traffic nets for MARS are on 75 meters where that antenna doesn't work.

To boil down to the basic ROOT question. It works decent on 11m. It will tune there with no issues!

It also does VHF, so maybe he wants to use it outside of 2 meters somewhere? I don't know how well it works there.

Ya i was more interested in knowing about outside the 2 meter band, specifically the 150 mhz- 170 mhz f.m. business band area..

Last edited:
Ive looked at these antennas a few times and did the search on the antenna through Eham reviews ETC. And got the answers I was looking for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.