• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Australia DX

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
OK just a little DXing info,here on the west coast on Wed. and Thurs. between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. pdst the 11 meter band is opening into Australia. :D Signals as strong as S-5 readability 5
Also heard Hawaii in the mix so those of you wanting to work DX downunder or south pacific keep your ears open.

73 Stu

novakor said:
OK just a little DXing info,here on the west coast on Wed. and Thurs. between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. pdst the 11 meter band is opening into Australia. :D Signals as strong as S-5 readability 5
Also heard Hawaii in the mix so those of you wanting to work DX downunder or south pacific keep your ears open.

73 Stu

We're picking up about the same here on the Gulf Coast, only it doesn't last as long.

Thestonerguy wrote:
Surprisingly, there's some sem-short DX still going on at 2 a.m. down my way.....Colorado is still pretty darn loud.

I also had conDX up until 11:00 pm pdst.Strong backscatter.
I worked DX from Colorado and Alberta,Canada.Also heard stations from N.M.,OK. and S.D.

73 Stu

I worked Australia, Tazmania, New Zealand, & Taiwan on the 13th. This was from the TampaBay area.

Also have been getting Trinidad, Barbados, and alot of Texas and Louisiana.

Here in Texas we have also been getting some DX from the NE, and the Pacific. Some close in stuff has also been running if you are there at the right time you can work the 200-500 mile range also.

From Houston and Corpus in the last two weeks, Grandap and I have worked Brazil, Australia and related areas, Hawaii, the UK, Italy, and much of the North and East Coast on Saturday 4/14 for the first time in a while. Colorado and the UK was in during the AM hours and the West and Pacific was in the early evening. The East cost worked for several hours in the afternoon to early evening here in Houston. I could hear Grandpa down in Corpus working his three element dipole array off of his tower at times here in Houston, just like he was down the street. Wish I could make that height here in Houston.

Hey Marconi it's been it long time since we last talked and i'm looking forward to locking signals again :D It seems conDX have improved for most everyone over this last week so who knows.

Last nite i had DX up until midnite coming mostly from Southern CA.,AZ.,and NM but i ended up having DX from all directions including Hawaii and the North west. I had chance to talk with DXman and we had a nice 15 minute QSO with a solid s-5 signal the whole time :D Anyway you take care Eddie and good DXing my friend.

73 Stu

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.