• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Avanti AV-261M Mobile 6' Moonraker

g0uihsteve

Oct 14, 2008
Greetings from the UK
I've had the pleasure to own the 6' mobile Moonraker, which worked very well. I'd had this one since new (1978).
Recently some low life decided to borrow it (and the mag base) permanently from my car.:angry:
However, I managed to find one on Ebay - they are pretty rare these days, but this one came without a mount.(y)
Have been trying to locate (without any luck) either a mag (preferable) or a fixed base.
If any of you guys out there have a base, or failing that, the antenna and base complete that you'd like to sell, then you have a purchaser here in the UK. Drop me an email and we'll go from their.
73 Steve G0UIH
g0uihsteve at aol dot com

moonraker

did you ever get a base for it?

No - didn't get a base, but at the time an engineering firm made me a mounting unit.
Actually they made me two and they work really well as fixed mounts. One has been on the car and one on the van ever since.

In Nov 2014 a seller on EBay had 8 brand new AV261M's Avanti Mobile 6 foot Moonraker's for sale - all sealed and boxed - crazy and as sad as I am I purchased three :) - they all went like hot-cakes and for silly money.

This last week I bought another genuine 6 footer from a guy in Holland for 30 Euro - again boxed and sealed - a real steel. Maybe I'm going through a retro phase but hey what the hell - brand new/sealed Avanti hardware will become even rarer in years to come.

73 Steve - G0UIH

Greetings from the UK
I've had the pleasure to own the 6' mobile Moonraker, which worked very well. I'd had this one since new (1978).
Recently some low life decided to borrow it (and the mag base) permanently from my car.:angry:
However, I managed to find one on Ebay - they are pretty rare these days, but this one came without a mount.(y)
Have been trying to locate (without any luck) either a mag (preferable) or a fixed base.
If any of you guys out there have a base, or failing that, the antenna and base complete that you'd like to sell, then you have a purchaser here in the UK. Drop me an email and we'll go from their.
73 Steve G0UIH
g0uihsteve at aol dot com
I have one for sale Steve, all be it a 4ft magmount and all complete and working. Ad can be found on Facebook Marketplace...I'm in the UK.
Contact me if you're intersted, cheers, Pete.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.