• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

beware of counterfeit Icom radios

This fake Icom hand held is an FDC FD-880 Dual Band hand held, I just bought one and it's an amazing radio. I have picked up 4 of the Chinese hand helds so far and they are all very good. This FD-880 has a little more bass sound to the audio on receive but its a good bass sound, I like it, as it has more punch to it than the 2 Baofeng's I have and the Wouxun.

The only difference between the FDC FD-880 and the so called Icom is that they put the Icom name on the top front, and the buttons have a gold color text on them, where the FDC has white on the keys. The keys are very nice they are rubber, and they light up very nicely. Other than that these so called Icom radios are just a copy of the FDC with an Icom name. Icom uses a RED circle over the I in Icom, this fake radio or copy does not.

I don't think complaining about it to the Chinese seller will do anything, because Icom is aware of these copies from what I have read. Also you're never going to see a real Icom sold even in China for $80..

omg Icom sells pirated Feidaxin too? Somebody needs to call FDC and Baofeng and let them know whats going on, this is not right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.